Saturday, September 10, 2005

What can I say about Plath that we don't know? At first glance and after reading Ariel, I'm sorely tempted to dismiss her as insane and label her MAD with a capital M-A-D. Yes, I acknowledge her genius in using allusions and her fascination and ability to focus on the different aspects of death and life but really, after reading it, the sense of oppression and desolution present just impedes my ability to think. Too awestruck by her *cough* genius I suppose. I don't hate or love her poems, not the extreme, I appreciate her literary abilities, let's just leave it at that.
Went to see cars today with my daddy. (Ugh. Daddy from Ariel) I like the Mazda ones the best of all. Because it is a beautiful colour of red! And because the salesperson knew to target me. Dad is just concern about the price cos it's higher than Toyota and the Nissan Latio. He was supposed to just give me a lift to VJ and back to put my CIP card but he stopped by the car showrooms. Took up 4 hours! So I got to sit in cars that he test-drove. Man, why can't my dad be more hip and get the Sports Cars???
I'll probably edit this later to make it longer.